The world of Adware (Identified as an Advertising-Supported Software) is growing with each passing day.
It is highly annoying, frustrating and time-consuming!
At times, it is commonly witnessed when you enter a random website, it starts hampering your PC screen with a huge number of intriguing advertisement along with glowing endorsements.
Adware programs can pose security concerns to regular internet users like us!
This may include attempts to repeatedly display advertisements and pop-up banners on the computer screen when you click on unsuspicious web links or installing random software online.
What is Adware?
For your knowledge, displaying promotional content like advertising banners, pop-ups windows and web links at various sites is the underlying motive of Adware. A significant number of these promotions ought to tout original items!
Often, browsing patterns are tracked by specific forms of these adware to utilize this data in order to engage advertising content on a large scale.
Your system can be brought down to the knees by adware as they are highly detrimental to PC health resulting in significant loss of your valuable data.
To trick innocent users like us, cybercriminals are regularly coming with newer ways into downloading a virus, adware with other PC threats.
Here’s how you can prevent unwanted Adware from entering your system!
- Use the Latest versions of Software– Security of the computer starts and ends with its operating system. For the safety of computer systems worldwide, operating system researchers keeps issuing security patches to fix these security holes to guard computers against all zero-day threats.
To ensure good health of your system always use the latest version of the OS you are using, i.e., Windows, Mac OS X or LINUX.
- Run scheduled system scans: Taking out time and running a system scan is next to impossible in our busy lifestyle! Often, Adware programs follow a sneaky approach and run silently in the background of your PC without your knowledge. To make things simpler, set your anti-virus software to run at regular intervals, preferably once in a week. Routine system scan will remove all sneaky bugs from your computer.
- Think before you click: Attentiveness is the key to system security. You should avoid opening websites that provide pirated product and should never click on unsolicited emails coming from an unknown source.
Every time you think of downloading or opening a file, make sure that you scan it before opening it.
- Be selective: Downloading software online is a trend nowadays! Be careful about what you wish to download and make sure that you do it from an authority or reliable website.
If you are not sure about the website, learn more about it, and if you do not find it trustworthy enough, you can always turn it down and choose a trusted site.
- Take Backup of your files: Taking a complete backup of all your valuable data is like keeping your valuable thing in a safe deposit box. Make sure that you backup your data and store them on an external device.
- Read License Agreements: Going through the license agreement may seem intimidating to you at times. Don’t take any chance, don’t just scroll down and click the “I Accept” button.
Make sure that you read the terms and conditions very carefully to look out for any details about a complimentary gift getting downloaded alongside the utility program.
- Install Pop-up Blocker: The best way to avoid adware infecting your is by blocking all pop-up ads coming on your computer screen. The market is full of various options when looking for a good pop-up blocker, choose one today for overall security against harmful Adware.
- Don’t use open WIFI – Think before you access open Wi-Fi options available at airports, coffee-shops, shopping malls, etc.
- Trust your guts: Be vigilant, if you don’t feel right about a site, don’t use it. Trust your dispositions about various web links and sites.
- Install Anti-Adware Software: Using the right anti-adware tool is the final step towards your system security. Computer systems at our homes do not have a security system installed which exposes them to virus infections.
You should fix all security gaps with an excellent Anti-Adware tool.
Statistics show that a considerable number of computers these days are affected by adware and it is a growing problem for all the internet users and online surfers. By following these steps, you significantly decrease the chances of becoming infected with adware. In addition, these steps will also protect you from other high-risk virus attacks.
With proper watchfulness, you can keep annoying adware away from your machine. Play it safe, take control and decide what enters your system and what remains out!!